Thursday, March 6, 2008

There was no light when I woke up today

It was still pretty pitch black when my alarm went off this morning at 4:50 a.m.

Yes, you read that right. 4:50. In the morning. And I'm not a morning person, so hearing that constant buzz? Not so fun. Still half asleep, I fumbled around in the dark and found the snooze button, giving me an extra 10 minutes of sleep.

But when the buzzing started again? I knew I had to get up. Because I had to shower and get dressed and be seated at my desk ready to work at 6 a.m. Needless to say, not my normal shift since I normally wander in about 8:30.

But I did it. And granted I felt like I needed a nap around 6:45, which didn't look like a good sign. However, as the day rolled on, I felt myself waking up. I did have another little lull after lunch, but when the clock struck 3 p.m. and I was free to go? That felt wonderful.

Even though I was a bit tired, I headed over to the YMCA. Logged a 2.4 mile run and some time on the bike. And afterwards? I actually felt more energized. With my new found energy, I ran a few quick errands before coming home to shower. And now I sit and wait for The Coach, who's coming over for dinner.

I tell you, it felt nice getting out of the office at 3 this afternoon. The sun was still shining and I felt like I had all this extra time on my hands. Granted I don't think I'd want to do it everyday though, because 5 a.m.? That alarm comes really early.

But it didn't stop me. Because the boss? He just called and wanted me to do it again tomorrow. And I said yes. Hopefully it goes as smoothly tomorrow.

No comments: